Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Eileen Hull's Mix Media Card Box

Hi there Eileen Hull fans, I am here today with a tutorial showing one of her newest collection pieces from Book Club. The inspiration team have been showing sneak peaks but now we get to show you the tutorial! These dies should be hitting your local scrapbook stores in December~ please remember to support your local stores. I teach in a few and we need them to exist so we can all take the fun classes.


Card Box Fun

I make a lot of art cards & this Card Box is the perfect place to collect them. My intention is to have a lot of these decorated side by side for different projects. Like right now I have been working on the100daysproject making art cards. Now I have somewhere to put the stash I am working on, or for the finished cards, or in progress bits 'n pieces. Here you can find the the directions for putting the box together. You will see pics as I do this tutorial but this will help make it all much clearer. 


 Adding Texture

I started by cutting the box out of mat board. I was feeling Dylusional so I decided to make my project out of Dyan Reaveley products. First up was texture & stenciling using Grit Paste & Crackle Paste. *Hot Tip: if you want a different color to show through the cracks, put the stencil down & add the color before the crackle paste. If you want your cracks to be white just keep going.


Do this stages before moving on to the next area so you don't ruin the design as it dries. Gotta love this texture!


Next Up Color! 

Trying to force myself to use other colors than my favorite blue/green combo. I think I did pretty well! Using yellows, oranges, pinks & reds. I applied Dylusions Acrylic Paints using a dabber & baby wipes with stencils being careful not to rub off my paste. Once the paint was dry I topped the leaves using Dylusion sprays put into in water brushes. You could also just spritz some on your craft mat & use a paint brush.



When making my title for the book plate I used Elementary Gothic in font size 10. This is for my record! If I want to do the next box to match I can refer to this blog post. I printed my title on photo paper but it took me 3x to get the size right & didn't get the "s" in. Oh well that's ok. *Hot Tip- paint the end rectangle of the box too (the rectangle/triangles), opps. I did this after and had to pull paint out again... I use Supertape when making these boxes as it is really strong & holds them together well. I also added some doodling & scribbles. Need to work on this phase of my arting! 



Here is how the title spine looks finished. You can see some more doodles were added with a white gel pen. It really does add quite a lot of pop to this project. 



Here is the back side of my box. As you see more doodle work. Assembly of this card box is really easy which I love. The next time I make these boxes I will do 2 or 3 at the same time. It would probably take almost the same amount of time to make them in multiple! 



Lastly I added an image from Dyan Reaveley's Creative Dyary Dy-cuts & a hand made flower's using Eileen's Heart Petal Flower die & tissue paper sprayed with Dylusions. Thanks so much for joining me today. Make sure you head over to Eileen's blog to see what else the Inspiration Team has for you. Don't forget, make time to get inky!

8 comments:

  1. I just LOVE how you decorated your Card Box/Organiser, Dyan's products are such fun! Great colours and lovely design! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anne! I know I love her products too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. This looks like so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing nice packing box It help me for my business of boxes

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...